Head of Bolter – Client Success Team
Hanging up his country boots from his roots in Pittsworth, out past Toowoomba, Queensland, Simon is a leading business lawyer with a passion for startups and new business. He’s the go-to for guidance on corporate, commercial and property advice, guidance around litigation and dispute resolution, and navigating through the national privacy law landscape, including data breach notification. He also assists businesses to register and profit from their intellectual property (IP) rights.
Rounding out his legal knowledge, Simon has an extraordinarily high EQ (Emotional Intelligence), with a real talent for getting to the bottom of his clients’ goals. Simon’s stand out skill is dishing out timely advice on a variety of complex legal issues, on time and on budget. With an eye on the ‘end goal’, Simon pushes past the fluff and offers practical advice through a solution-based approach. With his high energy and authenticity, Simon supports his clients in transforming their brilliant ideas into a booming business.
Simon also loves doing his bit for the community. Simon was a Director for a not-for-profit organisation for around 7 years and has volunteered on many local committees. Simon is dedicated to the pursuit of diversity and inclusivity and is the current Independent Chair for the Toowoomba Headspace Consortium who offer health services to youth aged 12-25. Few people come away from interactions with Simon without feeling better about themselves, and their situation. His calm reassuring and thoughtful temperament makes him a perfect trusted advisor for anyone in business.
When not at work, you’ll spot Simon enjoying an extra shot cappuccino at his local coffee spot, attempting to work out at the gym or relaxing with his family and friends.
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Southern Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Practical Legal Training, College of Law
- Australian Institute of Company Directors – Governance Foundations for NFP Directors.
- Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand – Intermediate Licensing Course.
- University of Southern Queensland – LGBTIQA+ Ally Training.
Primary Legal Experience
- Startups and New Businesses
- Corporate and Commercial
- Property and Leasing
- Business Structuring and Planning
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property and Trade marks
- Privacy Law
- Queensland Law Society, Member
- Darling Downs South West Law Association, Member
- Institute of Managers and Leaders, Member
- Toowoomba Chamber of Commerce, Member & former Future Leaders Advisory Group, Member
- Pride in Law, Member
- Brisbane Junior Chamber of Commerce, Member